[horde] Android Horde RPC client. Was: Re: (no subject)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Oct 21 05:47:20 UTC 2010

Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> I'll be honest, I got to the point where I could query the API for
>> what modules were installed, and I think look at what I could get to.
>>
>> The project is here:
>> https://spriggs.org.uk/android_and_java/workspace/Horde4Android/
>>
>> Be warned, it was my first semi-sensible Java project, so the coding
>> is *ROPEY* as hell.
>>
>> The person I was sort of working on it with got pretty wrapped up in
>> other things (between us first starting talking about it, and me
>> making the SVN repo, she lost her job, and then after I committed the
>> version you see here, she got a new one which took up all her time),
>> and I then got distracted by other stuff (I'm a bit of a magpie when
>> it comes to coding projects :( ) so I never progressed any further
>> with it.
>>
>> All the best,
>> --
>> Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs
>
> Hi Jon, I thought a while about doing a simple android client for the mnemo
> app next january to expand upon that experience later on.
> Are you interested in joining?

I'm overcommitted, but very interested in this. I have an android
phone, I knew java a while ago, happy to re-learn, and I've gotten as
far as writing and running a hello world app in the SDK. And half my
life is in my Horde install, so having it on my phone in any easy way
would be awesome.

Along these lines... has anyone looked into having Astrid
(http://weloveastrid.com/) use Nag as a backend?

-chuck