[horde] Prefences: hooks and default values

Diego Woitasen diegows at xtech.com.ar
Fri Oct 22 22:18:48 UTC 2010

Hi,
 Let me know if I'm wrong. The default values and hooks are used in a
preference only if the user doesn't have that preference with a value. This
usually means, the users hasn't logged in to the Webmail yet.

 I want to change the value of a preferences for all users, but I was trying
with hooks and it doesn't work. It looks like hooks are called only if the
preference value is empty.

 One option is to remove the preference from the backend. Using file appears
that shoudnl't work because the preferences file is written on user logout
so if I delete the key and the users is logged, it will be written again on
logout.

Regards,
 Diego

--