[horde] Imagemagick's convert consuming 100% CPU forever - from IMP

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Sat Oct 30 15:15:28 UTC 2010

Hi,

i hardly assume that your Horde run's into a DOS against Ghostscript which is know to be insecure / buggy and ImageMagick uses it as a pre-requisite for Postscript, PDF processing.

This is why most productional servers are not using Ghostscript (by convert) within horde. You may investigate this by a modified PDF as explained on the security lists or on Ghostscript docs.

I'm not shure if a update to a current Ghostscript will solve the prob. We are not using Ghostscript within Horde as this is just a "nice to have" with a huge potential of insecurity.

As i said - im not shure, but hardly assume there the source of the DOS.

Cheers,

Niels.
---
Syndicat.com