[horde] Sam - SpamAssassin module

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Thu Nov 11 16:49:50 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag 11 November 2010, 17:20:39 schrieb William Krick:
> Then I can select individual emails and flag them as spam or not-spam.
>   This is the way that SpamAssassin is trained from within Plesk.  I
> can provide some screenshots of this interface if you're not familiar
> with it.
There are several technical and juridical reasony why this is not a good idea
(independently from that you did not have to read your users email...).

btw: Plesk might be a suitable tool for somekind of hobbyists fiddeling with
internet servers but not in any semi-professional or professional environment.
But this is another story...

> I would like to have some way for individual users to do this
> themselves without having to log into Plesk.
It is usually a very bad idea to let normal users train a complex anti-spam
solution like spamassassin - independently from if the results just affecting
all users or the affected user only.

> their inbox in Imp, they should have new options for "spam" and
> "not-spam" instead of (or in addition to) "whitelist" and
> "blacklist"
Normals users did not understand what is (technically) spam and not how a
anti-spam solution like spamassassin is "thinking". This will result in
uncalculable false positives for the user or all users and such situations.

If user want's to block email traffic they have a powerful tool with ingo, but
there are a lot of end users who are still overwhelmed with ingo...

If they waste any email by a ingo rule (i.e. by a sender or content string)
they build byself it is their problem if that rule catches the wrong email...

just my two cents,

Niels.

--

---

  Niels Dettenbach
  ---
  Syndicat IT&Internet
  http://www.syndicat.com
  T.-Muentzer.-Str. 2, 37308 Heilbad Heiligenstadt - DE
  ---
  Kryptoinfo:
  PGP public key ID 651CA20D
  Fingerprint: 55E0 4DCD B04C 4A49 1586  88AE 54DC 4465 651C A20D
  https://syndicat.com/pub_key.asc
  ---