[horde] LDAP only?

Chris Flav chris.flav at yahoo.ca
Sat Nov 13 20:48:21 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am upgrading an antiquated Horde/IMP webmail installation that currently uses
mysql for userprefs.  I am looking to use LDAP since the site uses LDAP for
their userbase already.  However, the LDAP documentation the wiki seems
currently broken.  Anyone care to share me a link since for the life of me I
cannot find this information mirrored anywhere.

In the same scenario, can LDAP be used as an exclusive backend for userprefs,
including the adressbooks, signatures, identities etc?  I know the L of LDAP
means "lightweight", but avoiding to maintain MySQL as well would be a plus,
since this site seems to have accumulated a large amount of orphan info in
MySQL
over the years.

Thank you,

C. Flav