[horde] Fw: Cannot revert back to default horde settings for root "/horde" directory

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 10:04:52 UTC 2010

--- On Wed, 17/11/10, Niels Dettenbach <nd at syndicat.com> wrote:
> From: Niels Dettenbach <nd at syndicat.com>
> Subject: AW: [horde] Fw: Cannot revert back to default horde settings for root "/horde" directory
> To: "Spyros Tsiolis" <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>
> Cc: horde at lists.horde.org
> Date: Wednesday, 17 November, 2010, 22:15
> ...did not know your setup in
> detail.

Hi Niels,

Thank you kindly for your reply :

> If you use the default (file based) session management of
> PHP / Horde you may delete old sessions by something like
>
>     rm -f /tmp/sess*

Right.

> and make shure you have deleted all cookies and caches etc.
> in your client browser.

OK.

> If you use another session management pls clean out that
> instead or try to change temp. to file based for testing.

Don't know what you mean by session management. I don't think
I am using something different than Firefox though.

> but btw:
> other ways to configure horde against your webserver root
> URL are i.e.:
>
>  - use a simple HTTP redirect (i.e. by redirect)

Tried it. It doesn't work. Do you have a working example ?
My html is pretty obsoleted.

>  - use Rewrite (mod_ rewrite) to "mask" pathes

I have no clue what you're saying here :-)

> I assume it should work too, if you just fit the http
> config of horde (and URLs if you have such in your horde
> configs) - never tried this (but will do that next days).

Same here. Without any examples I don't know what gives.
As stated in previous message, tried the documentation site and
it ended up in tears.

> hth,

Yes, it does . . . If someone is a guru like yourself :-)

> Niels.
> ---
> http://www.dettenbach.de

Thank you for your time anyway,

Best Regards,

spyros

----
"I merely function as a channel that filters
music through the chaos of noise"
 - Vangelis