[horde] Language Setting is ignored

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 29 00:55:30 UTC 2010

Quoting Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus at rath.org>:

> I am using horde 3.3.6+debian0-2. For some reason, horde seems to almost
> completely ignore the language setting. It does not matter if I set the

Make sure you have the needed locales installed in your OS, and that gettext
is installed and working in the OS.  See if running "dpkg-reconfigure locales"
helps...

> language in the login screen or in the options, or if I adjust the
> preferred languages in my browser settings, almost all the texts are in
> english. The only thing that changes is the name of the inbox.

Setting it on the login screen only affects, at best, the login screen.
Once you login, it takes the setting from your personal options/preferences.
So make sure you set your Horde options/preferences once logged in to your
prefered locale settings.

Changing it in the browser may or may not make a difference, I'm not sure...
Although the browser charset setting can surely help or hurt...

> Is the localization to e.g. German really that incomplete, or am I doing
> something wrong?

"You are doing something wrong" so to speak.  German is one of the best
maintained locales...