[horde] s/mime signed mail lost on first attempt to send from imp

Bill Day williamson.day at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 04:03:49 UTC 2010

I am using horde webmail 1.2.9 on Ubuntu Lucid Linux 10.04 LTS with postfix,
dovecot, and mysql.

The problem is that when I compose a message, sign it with an S/MIME
certificate, send it, and then enter the certificate password, the email
gets lost.  This does not occur on subsequent messages after the certificate
password is cached, and it only occurs when I try to send a signed message.
Sending mail from Thunderbird on the same server does not create any
problems.

I have taken a look at the apache2 (access.log, error.log) and mail
(mail.log, mail.info, mail.warn) logs and not seen anything obviously
related.  Naturally, I will be happy to furnish excerpts from these or any
other logs, but I am hoping for a little guidance on what information would
be most helpful.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Sincerely,

Bill Day

--
Bill Day