[horde] 4.0-git: Version Check in Exception.php

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Mon Dec 6 22:43:32 UTC 2010

Jan:

> Zitat von Florian Brandner <florian at brandner.net>:
>
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I am currently playing around with the current H4 from GIT, and got a
> > question regarding the Exception.php:
> > I am running here with a PHP 5.2.6, and without any changes I get the
> > Error "Cannot redeclare class Horde_Exception". But when changing the
> > Version-check in Exception.php from 5.3.0 to 5.2.0 it runs. At least I
> > get a webpage without errors.
> >
> > Could that be a bug? Or did I do something wrong? Unfortunately I do not
> > really know much about PHP, so I have no clue if "5.2.0" makes any
> > sense, but it works for me ;-)

> No, that error message doesn't make any sense. I really don't have
> any  idea where this would come from.

I get that error too:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Horde_Exception in
/usr/local/www/sub/www.beta.net/data/horde_git/horde/framework/Exception/lib/Horde/Exception.php on line
17

.. and I was making the same local fix, but it seems as development
continues the 'fallout' spreads.  At first I couldn't get into
Calendar, now IMP Preferences, both throwing errors:

Fatal error: Wrong parameters for Exception([string $exception [, long
$code ]]) in
/usr/local/www/sub/www.beta.net/data/horde_git/horde/framework/Exception/lib/Horde/Exception/Prior.php on line
38

Obviously this needs to be fixed long-term now :)

I'm running FreeBSD 7.2-Stable with php-5.2.14 under lighttpd 1.4.27

Any ideas why my 'Exception' class might be different?  I looked under
pecl and pear for a new Exception class that I thought I could have
missed installing, but I don't see anything.

Any other ideas?