[horde] Syncing horde contacts with tb

Florian Brandner florian at brandner.net
Wed Dec 8 08:17:28 UTC 2010

Moin!

> BTW, is there any other way you know this could be done ?
> Say with LDAP ?
> I noticed that on TB v3.1.6 AddressBook under "file --> New -->
> LDAP directory" option exists.
> Does this make any sense ?

It does, depending what you want... A LDAP-Addressbook is stored on
the server and queried by TB. That is something completely different
than syncing locally stored addressbooks between horde and TB.

I moved from syncing addressbooks (with funambol BTW) to a single LDAP
addressbook on my server. I use about half of the time
Thunderbird/Lightning and the other half Horde/IMP/Kronolith. Works
fine, the only (minor) problem I had is setting up the Schemes of the
LDAP directory.
But the LDAP Addressbook is read-only for TB, so you need to add new
entries in Horde. That's the only disadvantage I have found so far.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
Florian Brandner

WWW:    http://www.brandner.net        eMail:  florian at brandner.net