[horde] Syncing horde contacts with tb

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu Dec 9 09:19:02 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch 08 Dezember 2010, 17:11:58 schrieb gimili:
> On 12/7/2010 11:56 AM, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:
> > Any chance of syncing a Thunderbird MUA contacts list from the horde
> > contacts list ?
>
> It would be nice if there was a thunderbird extension that allowed you
> to use horde's mysql address book or if there was read/write to a ldap
> address book instead of read only in thunderbird.  I have looked and
> never found anything.

You normally don't want to open your addressbook ldap daemon to the general
internet for security reasons - even with only authenticated binding. Same
goes for mysql daemon.

A plugin should query the horde contacts API instead and should keep in mind
that horde itself might be behind some http-auth security measure.

That said, I am not so sure the horde list is the best point to ask for a TB
plugin.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer