[horde] MDB2 Error: unknown error - When Attempting to Create Calendar, Address Book, Memo, or Task

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 2 16:30:29 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I began to recently receive the error message:

MDB2 Error:  unknown error

When attempting to create a new calendar, address book, memo pad, or task pad in
Horde.

I have the very latest versions of all software for Horde.

Here is the catch that I've found.

I recently updated the Ubuntu server from PHP 5.2.x to PHP 5.3.2 with a
distribution upgrade.  I also have installed PHP 4.2.14 in FastCGI mode so I can
run both versions of PHP simultaneously depending upon one extra configuration
setting in the VirtualHosts in Apache.

Ever since the upgrade to PHP 5.3.2, this error message occurs.  If I add the
configuration line in the Apache config to have the VirtualHost use PHP 5.2.14,
the error does not happen and the object is created without a problem.

Has anyone heard of potential problems with PHP 5.3.x with Horde applications
and any solutions?  Really would prefer to use PHP 5.3.2 with Horde instead of
downgrading to PHP 5.2.14 for the VirtualHost.

In the Horde.log:

[pid 8202 on line 1053 of
"/home/bsntech-com/www/webmail/lib/Horde/Share/sql.php"]
Jan 02 10:09:51 HORDE [error] [kronolith] MDB2 Error: unknown error: _execute:
[Error message: Unable to execute statement]
[Last executed query: INSERT INTO kronolith_shares (share_name, share_owner,
attribute_name, attribute_desc, perm_creator, perm_default, perm_guest,
share_flags, share_id) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)]
[Native code: 0]
 [pid 8283 on line 1053 of
"/home/bsntech-com/www/webmail/lib/Horde/Share/sql.php"]

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Brian Spraker -- BsnTech Networks
http://www.bsntech.com