[horde] MDB2 Error: unknown error - When Attempting to Create Calendar, Address Book, Memo, or Task

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Wed Jan 5 00:58:30 UTC 2011

On 01/02/11 18:35, Brian Spraker wrote:
> As an additional note - here is other troubleshooting I've done:
>
> Copied the php.ini from the PHP 5.2.14 install to the PHP 5.3.2 install location
> and restarted Apache - to see if there was a php.ini issue - Did not resolve the
> problem.
>
> Disabled all PHP extensions (curl, imagick, suhosin, gd, mcrypt, snmp) to
> restarted Apache - still did not resolve the issue.
>
> So - the begging question is - why does the creation of the objects (address
> book, contact list, etc) works just fine with PHP 5.2.14 - but gives the MDB2
> Error with PHP 5.3.x?  Specifically using PHP 5.3.2 on the servers currently.
>
> Brian S.
> BsnTech Networks

I had exactly this error with Horde 3.3.11, PHP php5-5.3.4. The fix was
to use pear-MDB2_Driver_mysql instead of pear-MDB2_Driver_mysqli.

No further debugging was made. the Horde log said:

 [pid 27207 on line 1053 of "/usr/local/www/horde/lib/Horde/Share/sql.php"]
Jan 02 23:55:19 horde [error] [kronolith] MDB2 Error: unknown error:
_execute: [Error message: Unable to execute statement]
[Last executed query: UPDATE kronolith_shares SET share_name = ?,
share_owner = ?, attribute_name = ?, perm_creator = ?, perm_default = ?,
perm_guest = ?, share_flags = ? WHERE share_id = ?]

HTH,

--
per