[horde] Fwd: Re: Upgrading horde + apps

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Jan 7 09:33:32 UTC 2011

Please don't top-post.

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Jan Schneider kirjoitti 04.01.2011 kello 16:08:
>> Zitat von Huggy-Bear <huggy-bear at luukku.com>:
>>
>>> Hello there.
>>>
>>> I have tried to find easy-to-follow instructions how I shall process
>>> to upgrade Horde to new versions. Version check recommends me to
>>> upgrade following:
>>>
>>> hermes 1.0.1-cvs -> 1.0.1
>>> dimp 1.1.3-cvs -> 1.1.6
>>> horde 3.3.4 -> 3.3.11
>>> kronolith 2.3.2-cvs 2.3.5
>>> mnemo 2.2.2-cvs -> 2.2.4
>>> turba 2.3.2-cvs -> 2.3.5
>>> vacation 3.1.1-cvs -> 3.1.3
>>> ingo 4.3.5-cvs -> 4.3.9
>>> imp 4.3.5-cvs -> 4.3.9
>>> nag 2.3.3-cvs -> 2.3.6
>>> gollem 1.1.1-cvs -> 1.1.2
>>> whups 1.0.1-cvs -> 1.0.1
>>> forwards 3.1.1-cvs -> 3.2.1
>>> ansel 1.0.1-cvs -> 1.1.2
>>>
>>> Previously I have setup Horde + apps to the Ubuntu (latest kernel)
>>> almost two years ago and forgotten totally how to install or upgrade
>>> it. I think I have tried upgrading once, but it failed something so
>>> that I ended to roll-back whole installation.
>>>
>>> So, should there be simple method for upgrading just php + run some
>>> sql scripts? Where shall I find information for Horde-dummies like
>>> myself?
>>
>> In docs/UPGRADING in each of those applications' tarballs.
>>
> Thanks for the advice. I was in fact looking basic info, which I
> finally found: I had to EXPORT the CVS root and then do cvs co
> [module] for each application and then go thru settings. Now I have
> been able to upgrade everything else but the horde module itself.
>
> If I read docs\UPGRADING correctly, I shall (but not necessary) run
> the 3.3_to3.3.5 script, which practically drops one column ... ALTER
> TABLE horde_signups DROP COLUMN signup_email; however, the Horde's
> version checkup shows me now that all other modules are up to date,
> but the Horde remains in version 3.3.4. Is there somewhere some
> other scripts (not in the scripts/upgrading) I shall run? The docs
> doesn't help in this.

If you upgrade via CVS instead of using release versions, there is no
well-defined upgrade path. You need to follow the development and do
backend upgrades as they happen.
If your Horde still doesn't show the latest version (3.3.12-cvs) then
you did something wrong.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/