[horde] Fwd: Re: Upgrading horde + apps

Huggy-Bear huggy-bear at luukku.com
Sat Jan 8 09:16:22 UTC 2011

Jan,

I am following this http://www.horde.org/source/cvs.php  documentation. I do not know any other way but using CVS repository for upgrading. Ubuntu aptitude might not work, because Horde was never installed with aptitude. What is recommended way to upgrade? Shall I download tarbals and extract them over existing installation? What difference it makes to cvs repository download?

What might help is information where in the code Horde is looking its version information. The command cvs co seems to upgrade php etc files, but because version information remains old, I presume I shall do some scripts which upgrades something in the database (not found in the scripts/upgrade).

TIA!

Jari