[horde] Horde LDAP Authentication

Berk Gulenler gulenler at boun.edu.tr
Wed Jan 12 20:44:39 UTC 2011

On 01/12/2011 07:35 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Berk Gulenler <gulenler at boun.edu.tr>:

>>> No, getSalt() is what you are looking for, though it doesn't work
>>> directly on the LDAP server, so you need to retrieve the password
>>> hash first.
>> You mean this is not Horde doing right now. Is it possible to extend
>> the authentication module like this? as a new enhancement?
>
> No, why? It's all there, you just need to use one after the other.
How can I?

I don't want to insert my code into Horde. By that way updating Horde
will be impossible. I am trying to find a way to fully integrate Horde
system with Qmail-Ldap. First part is integrating authentication. I'm
keeping my users' account passwords hashed, not plain text. That's why
users can't bind to ldap server. Of course there is another way, keeping
users' passwords plain text (which is not a secure way to keep) and
securing passwords with TLS connection.