[horde] Gmail on Horde portal problem

mtecles at biof.ufrj.br mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Thu Feb 3 18:36:06 UTC 2011

One of my users added a block on Horde-MyPortal, the block type was
"View an external web page" and the URL was http://gmail.com.

The Horde portal starts to show correctly, that is, it shows the top
menu, the left bar menu and the frame window with Gmail site. Then, a
second or so after, the Gmail site takes the entire browser window (IE
or Firefox). No more Horde!

Logging in again, as soon as the portal showed up, I unplugged the
network cable. Then I positioned the mouse over the block bar and
clicked on the trash can. Before answering OK to the question "Really
delete this block?", I reconnected the network cable. Meanwhile
Windows was processing the network connection, I clicked OK, the
browser (in this case, Firefox) failed to show anything because of the
broken connection. Clicking on "Retry" showed that the block was
removed and the user could use Horde again.

So, there is a problem adding Gmail, and maybe other sites, to a Horde
3.3.11 block with external view.

Mauricio
--
Mauricio J. T. Tecles