[horde] Horde (git) install problem

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Feb 11 15:13:39 UTC 2011

Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> Am Freitag 11 Februar 2011, 04:55:50 schrieb Michael Rubinsky:
>> Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>> > OK here are my findings:
>> Please don't top post.
>>
>> > 1- There is no such files as conf.php in the appz config subfolders.  I
>> > looked in my initial git clone folder, nothing, then I tried a git pull,
>> > no conf.php file and finally I looked in the git repository at
>> > http://git.horde.org/horde-git/-/browse/imp/config/?ws=1 and there is no
>> > conf.php files there either....
>> >
>> > So what should I do???
>>
>> The conf.php files for each application are generated by Horde when
>> you configure the application(s) via the administration setup
>> interface.  The only conf.php.dist file that is shipped with Horde is
>> horde/config/conf.php.dist and it is basically a boot-strap file, to
>> get you into horde long enough to initially configure it.
>>
>> > 2- I tried numerous configurations in the registry.php file to get the
>> > applications to show up in the main horde interface.  nothing.  I tried
>> > adding the fileroot, webroot and followed the instructions on multiple
>> > forums but no success.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions?
>>
>> Ralph Lang answered this question for you already. Find the
>> $app_fileroot line that is commented out in registry.php and set it to
>> the FULL path to the Horde directory fileroot.
>>
> AFAIK the last time I checked that line was not commented out but stripped.
> http://git.horde.org/co.php/horde/config/registry.php.dist?onb=master&rt=horde-
> git&ws=1&r=8c5b14dc83ec38cb27890f847afae2da80b618c0

The line I am talking about is still there, towards the top of the
registry.php.dist file, along with comments about what it is used for.

> Although there are automagical defaults and the comments tell me what to do,
> I don't find that intuitive for a firsttime-bootstrap file.

Sure. Agreed. Though this process is only required for people that
want to run the development code, out of a git checkout, or want to
otherwise put the app directories somewhere non-standard. Honestly, we
would expect someone running code directly out of a git checkout to be
able to handle something like this, especially since we provide
instructions on how to do it.

The release, of course, will not require this.

--mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org