[horde] Horde (git) install problem

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 16:54:19 UTC 2011

All right ! Almost in business!  Except a few "bugs"(?)

1- The file manager (Gollem):  When I go in its config page, whatever I do
(even just accept the defaults settings and click "Generate File Manager
Config"), the whole interface (the whole page) becomes blank with only the
top screen buttons ( Configuration, Users, Groups, Permissions, Alarms....).
 I cannot even logout and I need to delete the gollem/config/conf.php file
and refresh horde to get back where i was...

2-The bookmarks (Trean):  I can configure the app, but cannot use it.  When
I click on the link in the left pane, I get a fatal error screen saying:

"A fatal error has occurred

MDB2 Error: not found

1. Horde_Core_Prefs_Ui->__construct()
/usr/local/horde-git/horde/services/prefs.php:24
2. Horde_Registry->pushApp()
/usr/local/horde-git/framework/Core/lib/Horde/Core/Prefs/Ui.php:111
3. Horde_Registry->callAppMethod()
/usr/local/horde-git/framework/Core/lib/Horde/Registry.php:1260
4. call_user_func_array()
/usr/local/horde-git/framework/Core/lib/Horde/Registry.php:1001
5. Horde_Registry_Application->init()
6. Trean_Application->_init()
/usr/local/horde-git/framework/Core/lib/Horde/Registry/Application.php:89"

I however have MDB2 installed.  I used pear install MDB2 but retrying to
install it gives:

"pear/MDB2 is already installed and is the same as the released version
2.4.1
install failed"

3-Except that, I might try to completely deactivate some applications that I
will not be using.  Please confirm it is "safe" to do so and that commenting
the application block in registry.php would do.

Thanks and congrats on the good work!!!