[horde] horde installation from git

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Fri Mar 4 10:05:36 UTC 2011

Hi Toomas,

> How should i access the opensuse build service repository?

add the repo under

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/php:/applications/openSUSE_11.3/

via zypper addrepo or yast,

then run zypper up

> > btw if you need any pear library from pear.php.net (not from
> > pear.horde.org) to run your horde 4 setup which is not available in
> > server:php:applications please let me know.
> >
> > OpenSUSE 11.4 will roll out next wednesday, including horde3 and a lot of
> > pear packages.
>
> I was running OpenSUSE 11.1 and after its support period ended deiced to
> upgrade. Now i am facing some issues cause mysql has changed its collation
> and zend is not php backwards compatible, so i must admit i am a bit
> skeptical to solve this with another upgrade. I am looking at new HORDE,
> cause i understand the old one does not support PHP 5.3 and i have an
> issue that trough IMP attachments are cut off after 65KB, while linking an
> attachment works and i have run out of pages to read to find a solution to
> this... unfortunately.

openSUSE 11.4 comes with the most recent updates of horde3, imp, dimp, turba,
kronolith (..) and its dependencies as suse packages. These packages run well
under php 5.3 provided you configure it the right way. It's the same stuff
that is currently provided in server:php:applications for openSUSE 11.3

http://www.ralf-lang.de/2011/01/30/making-horde3-run-on-php5-3-opensuse-11-3/

Horde 4 is what we all are looking forward to and some are using, but it is
still in development and not released as stable yet - for a reason. If you
don't want any trouble and beta testing, better wait for e while before
upgrading to horde 4.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer