[horde] Horde 4.0-ALPHA1

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Mar 9 02:03:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, 9 Mar 2011, Jan Schneider wrote:

> The installation method for Horde 4 has been changed to use the PEAR
> installer. To prepare your local PEAR installation to install software from
> Horde's PEAR server, run the following commands from the command line:
>
> pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
> pear install horde/horde_role-alpha
> pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
>
> The last command will ask you for the filessystem location for your Horde
> installation. This should be some path in your web server's document root,
> e.g. /var/www/horde. These commands only need to be run once. You are now
> prepared to install, upgrade and uninstall Horde packages. To install the
> alpha
> release of Horde, run the following commands:
>
> pear install horde/horde-alpha

With the PEAR installer, is there a way to install and maintain 2 separate
copies of Horde+Apps on a single server?

I typically have 2 installs - /var/www and /var/www-test.  I install
patches and upgrades into /var/www-test first.  After I'm satisfied with
the changes, I roll them over into /var/www.

Thanks,
 	Andy