[horde] Horde 4.0-ALPHA1

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Wed Mar 9 13:26:03 UTC 2011

Zitat von Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

>> Unfortunately the PEAR installer is not very good at making *useful*
>> error messages. But this is culprit:
>>
>> horde/Horde_Util requires PHP extension "dom"
>>
>> Jan.
>
> Are there reasons not to use phar instead?

Phar as a replacement to PEAR? One does not exclude the other. PEAR is
just our base install method that allows us to deal with the extremely
modular structure that Horde has. Right now we only did the PEAR
variant for the alpha. But we will most likely prepare tar archives
based on the PEAR installation method for the stable release. Phar
would just be another alternative. It is not planned at the moment but
it is an obvious thing to do and I would assume that there'll also be
Phar's at some point.

But concerning the problem reported here: Phar's wouldn't have helped
with the missing extension either ;)

Cheers,

Gunnar