[horde] Horde 4.0-ALPHA1

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Fri Mar 11 13:01:59 UTC 2011

Zitat von ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:

> Thanks for your support.  But, I am very eager to see, how the new
> version looks like and want to try out the new features.  Is it OK,
> if I download all pear packages available in pear.horde.org, which I
> have already done.  What could be the next step, if I have all those
> tgz (pear) files with me.

You should be able to install these with

  pear install *.tgz

*but* you will also have to install the dependencies. We require some
PEAR packages which you need to grab from the PEAR channel.

You will still need to follow the INSTALL instructions though.

So you will first need to grab the channel.xml from
http://pear.horde.org/channel.xml and run

  pear channel-add channel.xml

Install Horde_Role then with

  pear install Horde_Role-1.0.0alpha1.tgz

Run the scripts with

  pear run-scripts horde/horde_role

And the install the rest with

  pear install *.tgz

*NOTE*: I did just make this up without trying or looking up the exact
commands now. It is just a summary of how I believe it should work.
Please report back in case there are problems and I amend my
instructions.

Concerning your original request about the tar balls: We will
certainly look at that once we are getting closer to the stable
release. I believe we have several options when it comes to a single
tar ball. We could even do something similar to what you did now:
package all those modules in one big tar. As far as I know we didn't
decide yet though Jan is certainly the main reference for this.

Cheers,

Gunnar