[horde] Horde 4.0 error: hordetree.js not found

Andreas Müller andy at andreasmueller.net
Thu Mar 17 17:19:24 UTC 2011

Am 17.03.2011 17:38, schrieb Jan Schneider:
> Zitat von Andreas Müller <andy at andreasmueller.net>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> just tried several times to install Horde 4.0-beta according these
>> instructions:
>>
>> pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
>> pear install horde/horde_role-beta
>> pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
>>
>> pear install horde/horde-beta
>>
>> cd /var/www/horde/config/
>>   cp conf.php.dist conf.php
>>
>> Went okay so far. But now when I go to my URL, there is no sidebar at
>> left, so I can't configure anything.
>>
>> Apache error-log throws this:
>>
>> [Thu Mar 17 15:45:50 2011] [error] [client 192.168.2.14] File does
>> not exist: /var/www/web/horde4-beta/js/hordetree.js, referer:
>> http://mydomain.tld/horde4-beta/services/portal/
>>
>> Indeed, there is no hordetree.js anywhere. Someone could give me a
>> hint, please?
>
> /var/www/horde or /var/www/web/horde4-beta? Only one is correct. And
> did you set the correct one running post-install scripts for horde_role?
> Check horde_dir in "pear config-show".
>
> Jan.

The real path to my installation is /var/www/web/horde4-beta, the above
one is simply copied from instructions.

When checking horde_dir in "pear config-show" it gives me this strange
path (that never existed):

Base Horde directory           horde_dir        /usr/share/php/www/horde

I guess this were the path to standard horde packet installation (this
is Debian Squeeze).  I now changed the horde_path to the real path
/var/www/web/horde4_beta, reinstalled this way:

pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
pear install horde/horde_role-beta
pear run-scripts horde/horde_role

pear install horde/horde-beta

cd /var/www/web/horde4_beta/config/   (<-- real path)
   cp conf.php.dist conf.php

Without success, nothing changed: no sidebar. Error-log Apache is still:

  File does not exist: /var/www/web/horde4_beta/js/hordetree.js

What now?