[horde] Migrating to a new Horde install

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Wed Mar 30 13:33:30 UTC 2011

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:
>
>> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>> Like the descriptions that come with each setting in the interface?
>>>
>>> You have two options: either you use Horde because of it's
>>> tremendous flexibility, one sign for that are "732" tabs of
>>> configuration. Or you hope the best that we picked sane defaults
>>> for each setting (we did). But please don't come back then to ask
>>> each time if this or that feature would possible, until you've
>>> really gone through all configuration options.

>>> That's perfectly sane and best practice for *any* staging of
>>> services into production.
>>
>> While i agree that porting the settings is not necessary or easily
>> possible i like to know what migration path if any exists for the
>> following:
>>
>> - Turba contact data
>> - Kronolith calendar
>> - SyncML state and devices
>> - Identity settings
>>
>> Many Thanks
>>
>> Andreas
>
> docs/UPGRADING
>
> Jan.

After reading the UPGRADING the best way seems to be to make a clone
of the database used for Horde3 and point Horde4 at it to let the
schema upgrades do its job and fire up the data mangeling scripts.
What is not obvious is what happens to now obsolet tables like
horde_datatree? I guess they will not get deleted so housekeeping is a
manual task?

Any comments?

Andreas