[horde] SMTP Auth

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Mon Apr 11 18:56:50 UTC 2011

Hi

I would like for the mailer to use the submission port rather than the local sendmail binary, so I've changed this on the mailer tab.

Since my MTA will only accept authenticated clients on that port, I need to use SASL auth.  I'd also like each user to authenticate with their correct details.  What should I use for:

* $conf[mailer][params][auth]
I've tried LOGIN and PLAIN - and it doesn't appear to be working.

These are not marked as compulsory, but I would assume they come from the logged in details.  However, they don't appear to be working.
$conf[mailer][params][username]
$conf[mailer][params][password]

Simon