[horde] Can't upgrade Kronolith DB Schema

David Solbach d at vidsolbach.de
Wed Apr 13 10:58:15 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, 12. April 2011, 17:35:23 schrieb Jan Schneider:
> > However I tried to upgrade to the new scheme using default settings
> > (which is kronolith_sharesng I think).
>
> Why don't you check in your configuration?

I did. It is set to kronolith_sharesng and I think it was set to that when
first upgrading the DB scheme since I can't remember changing that setting.

> > I can create new calendars, however, I can not create any events.
> > The error is
> > (freely translated)
> >
> > notification: "The description test was not undestood"
> > notification: "Error in server communicytion"
> >
> > and no related log entries.
>
> Please provide the original messages. We can look up the translation.
> These messages don't make much sense.

The exact Error message is: "Fehler während der Kommunikation mit dem Server."

I get this error message also when:

- pressing the send button when composing a mail.
- trying to open a mail with an attachment (png image), which doesn't work

Here is a screenshot: http://www.vidsolbach.de/tmp/Horde_Error.png

The only suspicious log entries I see are:

Apr 13 12:43:25 atilla HORDE: HORDE [kronolith] PHP ERROR: get_class() expects
parameter 1 to be object, array given [pid 22583 on line 365 of
"/usr/share/php/Date/Holidays.php"]
Apr 13 12:43:56 atilla HORDE: HORDE [kronolith] PHP ERROR: get_class() expects
parameter 1 to be object, boolean given [pid 22597 on line 365 of
"/usr/share/php/Date/Holidays.php"]

They are repeated very often and occur when:

- I load the calendar view (monthly view, didn't try others)
- I load the portal page (which has the calender block on it)

Hope that helps, if I can provide more information, please let me know.

David