[horde] Horde 4 with oci8

Luis Felipe Marzagao/Andamentos lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 04:08:39 UTC 2011

Em 19/04/11 05:47, Jan Schneider escreveu:

> Zitat von Ico Izquierdo <ico at cc.upv.es>:
>
>> I'm so sorry but I didn't be able to find any info about this.
>>
>> Does Horde 4 work with Oracle/oci8???
>
> No.
>
> We simply didn't have the resources to work on a Oracle layer for
> Horde_Db. It would be great if someone interested in Oracle support
> would sponsor this development though.
>
> Jan.

By the way, has the horde project ever considered using Doctrine
(http://www.doctrine-project.org/)?

I'm doing some tests and it seems to integrate and work pretty nice.
That way wrinting code just once would already provide support for the
most important dbases (oracle, mysql, postgre, microsoft sql server etc.).

In case it has already been considered, why wasn't it incorporated?

Thanks
Luis Felipe