[horde] Horde migration path from 3.3.x to latest 4

Bruno Costacurta techie at costacurta.org
Wed Apr 20 20:13:21 UTC 2011

> You should backup/move your H3 install, then install Horde 4 using
> PEAR, as outlined in the INSTALL files.
>
> mike
>
> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
> mrubinsk at horde.org

 From the INSTALL documentation :

(...)
supposed to be installed. This should be a directory in your web server's web
root, e.g. ``/var/www/horde``. Again this has to be done only **once** ever on
a single PEAR system::

    pear install horde/horde_role
    pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
(...)

What is 'horde_role' ?
Should I replace 'horde_role' with my current Horde directory (which
is /var/www/horde) ?
And so use 'pear install horde/var/www/horde' ... ?

Thanks for help. I'm lost with pear as I only used tarballs previously.
Bruno

--
Linux Counter #353844
http://counter.li.org/