[horde] IMAP Authentication issue

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Mon Apr 25 21:49:27 UTC 2011

Hi

I recently changed my imap server over to dovecot (worth mentioning, but I don't think that that's the issue - this may well have been the case before then).  However, when I try to login to Horde, I get the following:

A fatal error has occurred

dimp does not have an API

1. require() /usr/share/horde4/login.php:175
2. Horde_Registry->hasPermission() /usr/share/horde4/index.php:68
3. Horde_Core_Auth_Application->requireAuth() /usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php:1409
4. Horde_Core_Auth_Application->hasCapability() /usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Auth/Application.php:480
5. Horde_Registry->getApiInstance() /usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Auth/Application.php:349
Details

The full error message is logged in Horde's log file, and is shown below only to administrators. Non-administrative users will not see error details.

Nothing is showing in the horde log.  And the imap log shows no attempt made to authenticate.  When using a client this user is able to log in fine.  Other users user are able to log into Horde ok.

I'm baffled.  The only difference is that this user (my user) is also listed in:
$conf['auth']['admins']

What did I do wrong?

Simon