[horde] Authentication not working

Jussi Hirvi listmember at greenspot.fi
Sun May 1 10:01:25 UTC 2011

On 28.4.2011 18.37, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> No.  I mean on the imp test page - where there is an option to test the
> connection to the IMAP server.

Ok, that proved helpful - though auth still does not work.

When I try to connect to localhost, port 993, the test page says:

> PHP Mail Server Support Test
>
> Attempting to automatically determine the correct connection parameters for your server:
>
> Trying protocol imap/notls, Port 993:
> ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
> Connection failed to localhost.localdomain,993: Connection timed out
>
> Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:
> ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
> Certificate failure for localhost: self signed certificate: /OU=IMAP
> server/CN=imap.example.com/emailAddress=postmaster at example.com
>
> Trying protocol imap/ssl/novalidate-cert, Port 993:
> SUCCESS - INBOX has 80 messages (0 new 0 recent)
>
> Trying protocol imap/tls/novalidate-cert, Port 993:
> ERROR - The server returned the following error message:
> Connection failed to localhost.localdomain,993: Connection timed out
>
> The following configurations were successful and may be used in your imp/config/servers.php file:
> Configuration 1
> 'server' => 'localhost'
> 'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert'
> 'port' => '993'

So I use the conf that is supposed to be successful. Then I try to login
again at
https://12.34.56.78/horde/imp/login.php
...but I get the login page again, with no error messages (specifically,
nothing like "authentication failed...". The URL on the address bar is a
little cryptic:
https://12.34.56.78/horde/imp/login.php?url=%2Fhorde%2Fservices%2Fmaintenance.php%3Fdomaintenance%3D1%26amp%3Bmodule%3Dimp

Hm, "domaintenance..."?

The maillog reports simply:
May  1 10:28:07 mail dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<jushirvi>,
method=PLAIN, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, TLSMay  1 10:28:07 mail
dovecot: IMAP(jushirvi): Disconnected: Logged out

So, how to proceed?

Thanks,
Jussi