[horde] Horde messes up Dovecot index (or index log)?

Jussi Hirvi listmember at greenspot.fi
Mon May 2 20:59:17 UTC 2011

Any issues with using Horde with Sendmail, and Dovecot?

By googling, I found something about Maildir format. I could not verify
if Horde still uses Maildir format instead of mbox, but at least in my
setup it seems to use mboxes quite happily. It only adds a couple of
extra lines to existing mboxes. For example:

Simultaneously as I was testing Horde, I got a couple fo worrying
entries in maillog:

May  2 21:08:27 mail dovecot: IMAP(jushirvi): Corrupted transaction log
file /home/myhome/mail/.imap/INBOX/dovecot.index.log: start_offset
(10464) > file size (2748)

May  2 21:11:24 mail dovecot: IMAP(jushirvi): Transaction log file
/home/myhome/mail/.imap/INBOX/dovecot.index.log: marked corrupted

This is probably due to Horde adding those extra lines to the regular
mail inbox in /var/spool/mail/.

Could this be a problem? I am not sure what "index log" does.

I have hundreds of mail users waiting to get their hands on Horde, and
they will give me a hard time if they lose data.

- Jussi