[horde] Horde 4.0.2 exhauses memory

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue May 3 14:50:42 UTC 2011

Am 03.05.2011 16:36, schrieb "T. Bühlmann" <tomnet at tbuhl.ch>":

> Class IMP_Ajax_Queue does not exist
>
> 1. Horde_Core_Factory_Ajax->create() /srv/www/..../horde4/services/ajax.php:58
> 2. IMP_Ajax_Application->__construct() /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Core/Factory/Ajax.php:45
> 3. Horde_Injector->getInstance() /srv/www/eyeos/horde4/imp/lib/Ajax/Application.php:46
> 4. Horde_Injector->createInstance() /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Injector.php:248
> 5. Horde_Injector_Binder_AnnotatedSetters->create() /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Injector.php:213
> 6. Horde_Injector_Binder_Implementation->create() /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Injector/Binder/AnnotatedSetters.php:69
> 7. ReflectionClass->__construct() /usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Injector/Binder/Implementation.php:60

And that is why i hate pear and want to use my rmps built from tarballs as all
the years before and SURE nobody needs to make this tarballs by hand, this
could be done automatic on the horde-servers and instead hundrets auf small
packages in the same structure as below

-rw-r----- 1 builduser builduser 3,3K 2010-10-31 11:12 horde-dimp.spec
-rw-r----- 1 builduser builduser 7,4K 2010-10-31 11:12 horde-imp.spec
-rw-r----- 1 builduser builduser 5,5K 2010-09-29 14:46 horde-ingo.spec
-rw-r----- 1 builduser builduser 4,1K 2010-09-29 14:46 horde-kronolith.spec
-rw-r----- 1 builduser builduser 3,2K 2010-09-07 23:41 horde-mimp.spec
-rw-r----- 1 builduser builduser 3,3K 2010-09-29 14:45 horde-nag.spec
-rw-r----- 1 builduser builduser  16K 2010-11-27 13:37 horde.spec
-rw-r----- 1 builduser builduser 6,4K 2010-09-29 14:46 horde-turba.spec
-rw-r----- 1 builduser builduser 3,3K 2010-09-07 23:41 horde-whups.spec

WHAT SPEAKS AGAINST PEAR:
* rpm does not mix config/app-files
* rpm will install clean .rpmnew-files while update
* rpm can be tested on one machine and deplyoed in a defined version
* rpm have clean way for downgrades
* PEAR is packing all in one folder
* PEAR-Packages including configs can not be deployed
* PEAR-Packages have no defined version over a defined timeline

What i mean with the latest?

If i take the tarball today and build a rpm i can install this
in clones of the live-machines and test as long as i want

after teszign the rpms goes ot an internal repo and all
other machines are fetching exactly this version

What happens with PEAR?
* You make a update today, start testing the whole thing
* In two days "pear update" maybe fetch another version

PEAR is nice for libraries and used widely by horde/imp
Nice, i can make a "pear upgrade" on the buildserver and test if all apps including
horde are working with the latest versions and if it is so
"rsync --links --recursive --delete /usr/share/pear..." to EVERY host supporting php

But nobody neeeds/wants all horde-packages on all servers

Finally: The switch to PEAR and the unclean migration-path for since
years exsiting setups is a no-go and why the menu is named "download"
nobody knows as long there are no packages, the sidebar with the latest
versions and direct download-link was really perfect but in this times
everybody thinks all have to be relaunched even if it is useless