[horde] Issues About Advanced Search (kronolith classic)

stephan at admin.nabira.de stephan at admin.nabira.de
Wed May 4 08:20:15 UTC 2011

Hi all,

before I start, I feel it necessary to mention, that you have done a
great job on Horde4 and I'm really willing to upgrade my production
site installation as soon as possible. Unfortunatly some bits and
pieces don't fit up til now, but I'm confident you will get it working.

So lets go right into it:
Unfortunately there is no Advanced Search in dynamic-kronolith, so I
cumbersomely have to change to the classic view for this. (BTW: It
would be great if Advanced Search someday comes to dyn. kronolith.)

In the Advanced Search (Horde 4.02, Kronolith 3.02) some things are
terribly messed up:

* In Horde3 it was possible to leave blank all the fields (except
start and end dates) to get all events of a certain time period. This
does not function any more. I believe its a bug, since I do not even
get a line: "No events found" but an completely resetted (search dates
are set back to "today until tomorrow") input form. It is not even
possible to search for all events with a certain location or
description without setting a title to search for. This completly
negates the use of the Advanced Search.
No suspicious log entries where written to my horde.log or
php-error.log regarding this.

* The "graphical date picker"-icon is not linked to anywhere. In
Horde3 it called a JS
... <a href="#" onclick="openCalendar(...
in Horde4 there is not even a <A>-Tag around the icon.
I strongly believe this is also a bug since the icon is there.
No suspicious log entries where written to my horde.log or
php-error.log regarding this, either.

* Since Horde4 does no longer know about categories but uses tags, I
understand I cannot search for categories any more, but it seems not
unlikely to me that someone would like to search for events tagged
with a certain tag. Since I used Kronolith (and the Advanced Search)
in Horde3 to create my monthly billing depending on the customer (each
one a category), I desperatly need this functionality. I hereby would
like to file a feature request for this.

Please tell me, if I'm ought to create Tickets for these three
reports/requests. I did not find anything filed on these in the horde
ticketing system by now.

Regards,
Stephan

PS: In the vincinity of the tests I did for this my logs showed the
following line about 50 times in row, although I believe it does not
have to do something with the search problems.

NOTICE: HORDE [kronolith] PHP ERROR: Indirect modification of
overloaded property Kronolith_View_Day::$events has no effect [pid
23826 on line 208 of "/var/www-ssl/horde4/kronolith/lib/View/Week.php"]