[horde] Fwd: [dev] Case insensitive unique key

LALOT Dominique dom.lalot at gmail.com
Thu May 5 13:50:45 UTC 2011

2011/5/4 Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>

> > > I have always used a hook to lowercase all usernames. I had confused
> > > users say that their preferences were gone because they logged in with
> > > different case for their username. So I decided they should all be
> > > lowercase.
> > >
> > > Andy
> >
> > We had to do the same thing in the past (force lowercase) as well as
> > removing spaces from the start and end of userids.
> >
> > So I agree with normalizing.
>
> +1 from me. I also agree that using trim() on the username is another good
> idea. Not sure why IMAP servers allow to login with usernames with spaces.
>
> --
>    Vilius

+1 for me. It's a constant problem with an ldap backend. You can log in as
you want, but your prefs are case dependent. More it breaks for me the
kronolith update to horde5. Some old account data exists whith bot Joe and
joe. If I remenber, somebody configured syncml with a first capital letter
(no hook available). A few years later it makes me loose time for duplicate
keys during kronolith update.

Dom

Dominique LALOT
Ingénieur Systèmes et Réseaux