[horde] Horde Groupware 2.0 or 4.0?

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Mon May 9 09:03:12 UTC 2011

Am Samstag, 7. Mai 2011, 00:33:40 schrieb Jan Schneider:
> I'm pondering whether the next Groupware release should have the
> number 2.0 or 4.0.
>
> 2.0 would be the logical step after the 1.x releases, but "Horde
> Groupware 4" has already been used in a few places (outside of
> horde.org) accidentally. And this is probably a sign that it might be
> less confusing to re-use the Horde version for the Groupware version.
> Does any object or have good arguments against this?
>
> Jan.

Could live with either one - Marketing-wise it would be less confusing to give
the groupware the same major version as the base platform. Horde Groupware 2
(H4) is harder to explain to newcomers than Horde Groupware 4.

For the individual apps, this is not an issue. No problem with Imp 5 and AppXY
2.0 in Horde 4 etc.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer