[horde] Horde install fails

Hanns Mattes hanns at hannsmattes.de
Fri May 13 17:56:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

obviously an Opensuse-Update broke my php/pear/horde setup. "Okay, time
to install from scratch", I thought. More obviously, it was too much
from scratch, cause I can't install horde anymore. result is a screen:
"Ein schwerer Fehler ist aufgetreten:
Dieses System ist zur Zeit deaktiviert.
Details wurden für den Administrator mitgeloggt." which translates to
something like "Fatal Error" and "Details are logged".

So I uninstalled horde, uninstalled pear, reinstalled pear, reinstalled
pear - no success. So I'm afraid, I've messed up php, pear, both ....

Unfortunately, I don't find thementioned  logged details - so I'm quite
helpless.

Some details:
Phpinfo: https://mail.bruecko.de/phpinfo.php

pear config (fresh install of pear via zypper):
Configuration (channel pear.php.net):
=====================================
Auto-discover new Channels     auto_discover    <not set>
Default Channel                default_channel  pear.php.net
HTTP Proxy Server Address      http_proxy       <not set>
PEAR server [DEPRECATED]       master_server    pear.php.net
Default Channel Mirror         preferred_mirror pear.php.net
Remote Configuration File      remote_config    <not set>
PEAR executables directory     bin_dir          /usr/bin
PEAR documentation directory   doc_dir          /usr/share/php5/PEAR/doc
PHP extension directory        ext_dir          /usr/lib/php5/extensions[1]
PEAR directory                 php_dir          /usr/share/php5/PEAR
PEAR Installer cache directory cache_dir        /tmp/pear/cache
PEAR configuration file        cfg_dir          /usr/share/php5/PEAR/cfg
directory
PEAR data directory            data_dir         /usr/share/php5/PEAR/data
PEAR Installer download        download_dir     /tmp/pear/download
directory
PHP CLI/CGI binary             php_bin          /usr/bin/php5
php.ini location               php_ini          <not set>
--program-prefix passed to     php_prefix       <not set>
PHP's ./configure
--program-suffix passed to     php_suffix       5
PHP's ./configure
PEAR Installer temp directory  temp_dir         /tmp/pear/temp
PEAR test directory            test_dir         /usr/share/php5/PEAR/test
PEAR www files directory       www_dir          /usr/share/php5/PEAR/htdocs
Cache TimeToLive               cache_ttl        3600
Preferred Package State        preferred_state  stable
Unix file mask                 umask            22
Debug Log Level                verbose          1
PEAR password (for             password         <not set>
maintainers)
Signature Handling Program     sig_bin          /usr/local/bin/gpg
Signature Key Directory        sig_keydir       /etc/php5/cli/pearkeys
Signature Key Id               sig_keyid        <not set>
Package Signature Type         sig_type         gpg
PEAR username (for             username         <not set>
maintainers)
User Configuration File        Filename         /root/.pearrc
System Configuration File      Filename         /etc/php5/cli/pear.conf

[1] That seems to be incorrect, extension are in /usr/lib64/php5/extensions

Any help appreciated

Regards Hanns