[horde] Horde URLs

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu May 19 05:47:42 UTC 2011

Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:

> In my H3 system, all URLs are hidden under "index.php"
>
> So reading my Horde mailing list folder, the URL is shown as
> https://mail.simonandkate.net/horde/index.php
>
> In H4, it shows as
> https://h4.simonandkate.net/imp/mailbox.php?mailbox=INBOX.Saved%20Emails.Computer%20Stuff.Mailing%20Lists.Horde
>
> I assume this is because of the new frameless layout?

Yes.

> What does $conf[urls][pretty] in Horde config do - I can't find any
> guidelines on that anywhere - it seems to suggest that "Pretty URLs"
> can be achieved with mod_rewrite, but does anyone have guidance on
> how to do it?

It tells applications that support pretty urls to generate them. IMP
doesn't currently generate those. IIRC
Whups/Chora/Ansel/Wicked/Jonah/some RPC stuff/ currently support these
to a varying extent. The applications that do support this are
included with .htaccess files (and in most cases lighttpd.conf files)
with the rewrite rules defined.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)