[horde] Two horde version running on the same system

Gerard Breiner gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr
Fri May 27 15:03:27 UTC 2011

Le 27/05/2011 10:33, Vilius S(umskas a écrit :
>> 1.0.0, version<= 2.0.0, excluded versions: 2.0.0), installed version is
>> 0.0.2
>> No valid packages found
>> install failed
>>
>> Any suggestion are welcome...
> You have old CVS version packages installed, and PEAR installer picks up wrong dependencies. In this case you'll need to install Horde4 into separate PEAR folder. You can find more information installation documentation:
>
> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL#installing-with-pear

Many thanks Vilius...

Could tell me please if there is a mean to uninstall these old packages
? My server in production is horde-webmail-1.2.8 (not CVS) but before
this stable version I had unsuccessfull tried  to setup Horde-git a few
month ago.

Nevertheless, as I had the reported error above, I had eventually decide
to install horde4 into a different pear folder.

Here is the chronological order  of the install method I followed :

In root :
cd /www
mkdir horde4

pear config-create horde4 horde4/pear.conf
pear -c  horde4/pear.conf install pear
As I got the warning message :  "WARNING: channel "*pear*.php.net" has
updated its protocols, use "*pear* channel-update *pear*.php.net" to
update" I run :

*pear* channel-update *pear*.php.net

horde4/pear -c horde4/pear.conf channel-discover pear.horde.org

horde4/pear -c horde4/pear.conf install horde/horde_role

horde4/pear -c horde4/pear.conf  run-scripts horde/horde_role
At the prompt : Filesystem location for the base *Horde* application :
/www/horde4

horde4/pear -c horde4/pear.conf install horde/horde

Then into the .htaccess file I put :

php_value include_path /www/horde4/*pear*/php
SetEnv PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR /www/horde4

chown -R horde4 user:group(apache) horde4

/etc/init.d/apache stop
/etc/init.d/apache start

In firefox : http://mywebmail .... At that time it worked very fine... I mean at that time I had an admin interface
but afterward the horde's conf.php file has been generated I obtained an error message when I reload http://mywebmail
... At that time I thought it was worth to uninstall and install again horde...
So I ran : horde4/pear -c horde4/pear.conf uninstall horde/horde
An then :
horde4/pear -c horde4/pear.conf install -a horde/horde

The interface appears again but without the treemenu admin/setup

So I after having checked the apache error log : tail /var/log/apache2/horde-test_error_log

I get : File does not exist: /www/horde4/js/hordetree.js, referer: https://webmail1.ias.u-psud.fr/services/portal/

So I ran : ./pear/pear -c pear.conf list-files horde/horde_core | more

====================================
TYPE  INSTALL PATH
horde /www/horde4/js/addressbooksprefs.js
horde /www/horde4/js/alarmprefs.js
horde /www/horde4/js/autocomplete.js
horde /www/horde4/js/calendar.js
horde /www/horde4/js/hordetree.js

It seems that according pear hordetree.js exist but in reality it is missed...

Any suggestion are welcome...

Best regards

Gerard