[horde] Two horde version running on the same system

Gerard Breiner gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr
Mon Jun 6 09:46:07 UTC 2011

Le 30/05/2011 11:52, Gerard Breiner a écrit :
> Le 27/05/2011 18:35, Vilius Šumskas a écrit :
>> Sveiki,
>>
>> Friday, May 27, 2011, 6:03:27 PM, you wrote:

>>> Many thanks Vilius...
>>> Could tell me please if there is a mean to uninstall these old packages
>>> ? My server in production is horde-webmail-1.2.8 (not CVS) but before
>>> this stable version I had unsuccessfull tried  to setup Horde-git a few
>>> month ago.
>> Then  just uninstall horde-git packages from PEAR and install released
>> ones. Something like:
>>
>> pear list -c horde
>> pear uninstall horde/Horde_Core
>> pear uninstall horde/Horde_Auth
>> etc.
>>
>>> Nevertheless, as I had the reported error above, I had eventually
>>> decide
>>> to install horde4 into a different pear folder.
>>> Here is the chronological order  of the install method I followed :
>>> In root :
>>> cd /www
>>> mkdir horde4
>>> pear config-create horde4 horde4/pear.conf
>>> pear -c  horde4/pear.conf install pear
>>> As I got the warning message :  "WARNING: channel "*pear*.php.net" has
>>> updated its protocols, use "*pear* channel-update *pear*.php.net" to
>>> update" I run :
>>> *pear* channel-update *pear*.php.net
>>> horde4/pear -c horde4/pear.conf channel-discover pear.horde.org
>>> horde4/pear -c horde4/pear.conf install horde/horde_role
>>> horde4/pear -c horde4/pear.conf  run-scripts horde/horde_role
>>> At the prompt : Filesystem location for the base *Horde* application :
>>> /www/horde4
>>> horde4/pear -c horde4/pear.conf install horde/horde
>>> Then into the .htaccess file I put :
>>> php_value include_path /www/horde4/*pear*/php
>>> SetEnv PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR /www/horde4
>>> chown -R horde4 user:group(apache) horde4
>>> /etc/init.d/apache stop
>>> /etc/init.d/apache start
>>> In firefox : http://mywebmail .... At that time it worked very
>>> fine... I mean at that time I had an admin interface
>>> but afterward the horde's conf.php file has been generated I
>>> obtained an error message when I reload http://mywebmail
>> What error?
>>
>>> ... At that time I thought it was worth to uninstall and install
>>> again horde...
>>> So I ran : horde4/pear -c horde4/pear.conf uninstall horde/horde
>>> An then :
>>> horde4/pear -c horde4/pear.conf install -a horde/horde
>>> The interface appears again but without the treemenu admin/setup
>>> So I after having checked the apache error log : tail
>>> /var/log/apache2/horde-test_error_log
>>> I get : File does not exist: /www/horde4/js/hordetree.js, referer:
>>> https://webmail1.ias.u-psud.fr/services/portal/
>>> So I ran : ./pear/pear -c pear.conf list-files horde/horde_core | more
>>> ====================================
>>> TYPE  INSTALL PATH
>>> horde /www/horde4/js/addressbooksprefs.js
>>> horde /www/horde4/js/alarmprefs.js
> [...]

Hello,

I run again this thread because the admin/setup link doesn't more
appears in the tab whereas I'm logged as the ldap user I defined admin ...

I defined it as admin like this :
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('webadm');

Nevertheless the URL is available without require an authentication what
can be a secure issue... Gerard
https://webmail/admin/config/config.php?app=horde

Any suggestion is welcome...

Best regards