[horde] passwd with Horde 4

Kareem Dana kareem.dana at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 18:19:17 UTC 2011

I just saw Ralf's post, but I didn't want to hijack his thread with my own
passwd question. Right now I used passwd with the poppassd driver on Horde 3
in production and am gearing up to move to Horde 4.

I am using the passwd code from git which I downloaded on June 6. It works,
but does not reset my credentials within Horde, so I have to log out and log
back in. My system is setup such that Horde authenticates via Imp and Imp
uses IMAP Authentication. When I change my password with passwd, it
successfully changes the password but IMP keeps trying to authenticate with
the old password. I understand this is unreleased code but I'm willing and
able to make some code changes to get this to work.

Inside passwd/lib/Passwd.php I found the function resetCredentials which
calls setAuthCredential() to set the new password but that either doesn't
work or is not enough to get IMP to use the new password when talking to the
IMAP server. Does something else need to be called here or some cached IMAP
sessions invalidated? Any tips would be helpful as I'm familiar with PHP but
not the horde framework.

Thanks,
Kareem Dana