[horde] PAM authentication missing PAM?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Jun 13 18:18:31 UTC 2011

Quoting Ole Wolf <ole at naturloven.dk>:

> Yes, I'm using Debian (specifically, Ubuntu).
>
> I'm always reluctant to remove a package from a distribution and install
> some other equivalent. Is there anything that prevents you from
> supporting both a package named 'pam' and a package named 'pam_auth'?

Yes, because there is no way of knowing if Ubuntu has changed the code
in any way, or if pam_auth has the same API as pam.

And I feel just the opposite - I don't trust packages created by a
specific installation; I only trust (and support) the code as
delivered by the original distribution point of contact.

Although this is probably deserving of a test in test.php to indicate
the brokenness of the Ubuntu installation.

michael