[horde] imp does not provide an authenticate() method

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Mon Jun 20 12:28:25 UTC 2011

HI,

On 20.06.2011 10:39, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:
>
>> Hi, got out more iinformation that maybe helps.
>>
>> On 19.06.2011 15:16, Andreas Mauser wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we had this topic already but is still unsolved:
>>>
>>> imp does not provide an authenticate() method
>>>
>>> I messed up my pear but could fix that with installing horde/horde
>>> with the --force option.
>>> So I was able to get Horde 4 running, but I can not login.
>
> *How* did you mess up? And if you really messed up your PEAR, good
> chances are that you "fix" did not fix everything.
I first tried the PEAR Quick Install at
https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/master/horde/docs/INSTALL and
because I did not get the webmail-install file I tried the Installing
With Pear. As I got an error I tried the Installing Into Seperate Pear
installation from
http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL#installing-into-separate-pear
and now the system thinks the Horde installation sits somewhere else.

Which is the correct method to get rid of old Horde install packaged and
install it correctly? Because with the installation I actually have I
get the error that imp does not provide an authenticate() method.

Kind regards,
Andreas.