[horde] Resolve pear too old on Redhat 5

Ronan SALMON rsalmon at mbpgroup.com
Tue Jun 21 15:29:40 UTC 2011

D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com> a écrit :
>> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Ronan SALMON <rsalmon at mbpgroup.com> wrote:
>   >> D G Teed <donald.teed at gmail.com> a écrit :
>   >>>
>   >>>  > I have not found a way to successfully upgrade pear to newer from
>   >>>  > pear or pecl.
>   >>>  >
>   >>>  > Is installing Pear from source my only option or am I missing
>   >>> something?
>   >>
>   >> Try to use Remi's repos : http://rpms.famillecollet.com/
>   >>
>   >
>   > Thanks.  I've used similar in the past - Jason's Utter Ramblings
>   > repo to get a newer php.  My experience is that these can
>   > grow into a tree of dependencies and it complicates maintenance
>   > of the server down the road.  Do you use this and how many packages
>   > came from them to get the newer pear support?
>   >
I haven't got any problems so far using Remi and EPEL repos. But I
don't  use RedHat. I use Centos.

So far, I haven't done anything fancy with the production servers. So
yum has always been able to update/install beautifully rpms. And
everything I need are in the repos, well, apart from Horde!

To avoid complicated dependencies, only update packages that you need
like php-[pear,pecl] and mysql when using repo remi+epel.

Ronan.