[horde] Connection refused "localhost:587" when sending mail

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Mon Jun 27 14:34:53 UTC 2011

Normally you want to use port 587, Post 587 is defined as the user
submission port. Generally it makes it very easy to use this to filter
your email that your users submit, than ones other email servers send
you. This also solves the issue of remote users can't access port 25
cause their isp bans it.

The only thing I can guess, is that your kolab config is specified to
your external ip, something other than localhost, and since there
isn't a seperate line in that config to bind to localhost, localhost
won't work.

If that is the case, using port 25 with localhost also won't work.