[horde] Locking preferences to a default after Preferences have been written once

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Jun 29 10:45:36 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2011, 10:30:10 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to restore a preferences value on a Horde installation
> back to a default value for all users even if some users already
> logged in and modified that preference so that it got stored in the
> backend? My impression is that this is not possible and the value from
> the backend will always supersede the locked default. Is that correct
> or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Gunnar

The hard way is modifying it directly in the backend
or running a batch over all users (requires auth driver with listing
capability ).

Other things spooking around my mind:

- I think pref_hooks are now executed regardless of existing backend values
  ( How long should the hook be in place, when will user be allowed to
configure things again?)

- Adding a LoginTask.
  ( Only changes on user login)

I cannot check this before friday though.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer

B1 Systems GmbH