[horde] upgrading Horde Groupware Webmail Edition - Step by step / Help needed - Thanks

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Fri Jul 1 13:25:24 UTC 2011

Thanks so far,

Am 30.06.11 08:05, schrieb Cristian Livadaru:
> hi,
> On 29 Jun, 2011, at 17:13 , Götz Reinicke wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> currently we run Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2.9 and we think
>> about updating to V 4.0.
>>
>> So I started to read the suggested upgrade doc which sounds to me like
>> 'do an Installing with PEAR '...
>>
>> As I never used PEAR before I wanted to ask if there is some more
>> step-by-step documentaion beside the official
>> http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL ?
>>
>> E.g. currently horde is installed in /vaw/www/html/horde . Can the new
>> version be installed in paralell? e.g. /vaw/www/html/horde4?
>
> yes, I done that last week and installed it in parallel. For me I had setup everything with https://domain.com/horde4 for testing and then switched it to https://domain.com/webmail which kind of broke everything.
> The solution is simple (thanks to IRC)
>
> add this to horde/config/registry.local.php
> <?php
> $app_webroot = '/webmail'
> ?>
>

>> Or how to i upgrade the configs etc?
>>
>> In the doc there is metioned e.g. /var/www/webmail as destination and
>> the pear commands use  horde/horde_role and horde/webmail-beta as options?
>>
>> I'm confused. Are this the pathes for the installation? Or examples?
>
>  /var/www/webmail -> example
> horde/horde_role and horde/webmail-beta  -> not paths ! Parameters to install horde! use them as described in the manual.

I tried your suggestions, but now I'm scared ...

I did a webmail-install and was asked about the mysql connection and as
I wanted to make an update and there is no documentation what might be
special ... I answered all settings for my current installation.

OMG: What's this:

Writing main configuration file... done.

Creating database tables...

WHat tables are created? Will my old system work after this isntallation?

Or do I have to set up a second database for the new installation? If
so, how is the data from my current installation copied or merged or
what ever?

Thanks and best regards . Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt