[horde] Installing Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 4.0 without asking password

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jul 5 08:14:15 UTC 2011

Zitat von Tommy <hkendusers at yahoo.com.hk>:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 4.0 installation, until "install
> horde/webmail-beta" I am still lucky without big problem, but while I run
> webmail-install, it does not ask me for MySQL password so that it failed to
> connect MySQL.
>
> Can some one tell me why it does not ask me for MySQL password?
> Million thanks
>
> ##################
> PHP 5.2.13
> CentOS 5.5
> ##################
> PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR=/var/www/webmail /usr/local/php/bin/php -d
> include_path=/var/www/webmail/pear/php /var/www/webmail/pear/webmail-install
>
> Installing Horde Groupware Webmail Edition
>
> Configuring database settings
>
> What database backend should we use?
>     (false) [None]
>     (mysql) MySQL / PDO
>     (mysqli) MySQL (mysqli)
>     (pgsql) PostgreSQL
>     (sqlite) SQLite
>
> Type your choice []: mysql
> Request persistent connections?
>     (1) Yes
>     (0) No
>
> Type your choice [0]: 0
>
> Username to connect to the database as* [] newhorde

Here you should be asked for the password.

Looks like Horde_Cli::passwortPrompt() isn't working for you. It
triggers a PHP error if it cannot spawn a bash shell. If you configure
your PHP to show or log errors, you should see that.
We should rather fallback to a standard prompt in this case though.
Please create a ticket.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/