[horde] Horde for groupware 4 installation problem

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Jul 15 13:37:19 UTC 2011

Quoting Pasqualino <ilfumattia at gmail.com>:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm trying to install Horde for groupware (version 4.0.7) on my
> shared hosting (at Arvixe) following the instructions reported on
> the official guide regarding the operative system independent
> installation. (http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL Step 3.1).
> At the end of the guide is required to include following commands in
> the .htaccess file:
> php_value include_path <path>/horde/pear/php
> SetEnv PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR <path>/horde
> On my hosting isn't allowed put php directives in the .htaccess
> file, it's required to put it in a php.ini, so I've created a
> php.ini file for the first instruction (include_path =
> <path>/horde/pear/php)
  and
> a .htaccess file for the second (SetEnv PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR
> <path>/horde) but also in this way if I try to access to the home
> page (http://myurl/horde) I always get a page
> (http://myurl/horde/services/portal/index.php) with the following
> Warnings and Fatal Errors:

As Jan has mentioned, this makes no sense. If the include_path is
correct while viewing test.php, no idea why it's not set correctly
when viewing services/portal. They are both accessed in the same way.
Sounds like some broken setup on your host.

> Warning: require_once(Horde/Autoloader/Default.php)
> [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or
> directory in <path>/horde/lib/core.php on line 46
>
> Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening
> required 'Horde/Autoloader/Default.php'
> (include_path='<path>/horde/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')
> in <path>/horde/lib/core.php on line 46

This include_path tells me that your php.ini file is not being read,
or it is being read before some other .ini file is being read and is
being overridden since it does not contain the path you set in it.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org