[horde] Horde 4 left side menu reloads

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Wed Jul 20 09:10:27 UTC 2011

Zitat von Wolfgang Granzer <wolfgang at granzer.org>:

> Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:
>
>> Quoting Wolfgang Granzer <wolfgang at granzer.org>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the problem is that with H4 the sidebar (i.e., the IMAP folder
>>> list) reloads on every click. For mailboxes with lots of IMAP
>>> folders (>50) the whole framework gets very slow (up to 20 seconds
>>> for a single click). Is there a workaround to solve this problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>>  Wolfgang
>>
>> I just tried mine - my wife has over 70 IMAP folders in her
>> mailbox, with about 2500 unread emails, and the whole screen loads
>> in < 4 seconds. Sounds like you have other issues...
>>

> Thanks for the hint. Maybe my server (Intel Atom 330) is the
> bottleneck. However, with H3 on the same server (and the same
> config) everything works fine (response time less than 1 sec). Any
> ideas (caching is already enabled)?

I also see a *massive* slow-down with Horde 4 on a CPU limited system
(VPS). Horde 3 works really fast on the same machine, Horde 4 is
unusable slow. On an other well powered machine using Horde 4 is no
problem but the CPU load is noticeable higher. So i guess that Horde 4
and friends is much more CPU consuming than Horde 3 was.

Regards

Andreas